Even if your youngster practices daily oral hygiene and has no known problems, it’s important to schedule twice-yearly exams and X-rays with us at the Pediatric Dental Center in Burlington KY or Crestview Hills KY. If you have a young child, do you know how important dental sealants are?
- Children without sealants have almost three times more decay than children with sealants, according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control).
- Sealants may be covered by your dental insurance plan. For parents without dental insurance, sealants are worth the expense. They can reduce the risk of decay by 80%.
- Sealants can last for many years. They guard your child during the years they are most likely to get cavities. By practicing careful dental health habits and refraining from biting into hard objects, your child can maximize their lifespan.
- Sealants are painless. Our dental team will clean their teeth, and then apply the liquid sealant material. It hardens quickly. Your child won’t need to skip meals after the treatment.
- Sealants can be sometimes be placed over existing tooth decay to prevent further damage. The Pediatric Dental Center dentists will determine if your child is a good candidate for this application.
Sealants, good oral hygiene, a balanced diet, and dental cleanings are important for pediatric dental health.
Contact Pediatric Dental Center:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):