Teeth are meant to last a lifetime, which is why early dental care is so important. At The Pediatric Dental Center in Burlington, we are committed to providing excellent dentistry for children.
Children’s teeth aren’t just like adult teeth. A pediatric dentist can better serve your child’s dental care needs.
Here are 10 reasons to take your youngster to a pediatric dentist.
- A pediatric dentist has training in pediatric dental care in addition to training in general dentistry. The pediatric training takes from two to three extra years after graduating from dental school.
- A pediatric dentist understands the unique aspects of developing teeth.
- Because pediatric dentists have schooling in psychology, they are better able to calm kids who are scared.
- A pediatric dentist can advise you on issues such as pacifier use, breastfeeding, and teething. Plus thumb-sucking, sealants, late-emerging teeth, and children’s sports mouthguards.
- Many pediatric dentists are trained to serve little ones with special needs.
- Pediatric dentists and hygienists use instruments that fit in your son or daughter’s mouth. They carefully explain what each is used for. They don’t rush treatment. This helps put your son or daughter at ease.
- Pediatric dentists and hygienists are better able to help pre-teens learn proper oral hygiene.
- Pediatric dental practices customized to appeal to children. The decor, furniture, and kid-friendly amenities help kids enjoy visiting the dentist. Many pediatric dentists reward children with prizes.
- Pediatric dentists have training in dental sedation for children and adolescents
- Pediatric dentists treat kids all day and stay calm and collected even when children act like, well, children. They love working with kids!
At the Pediatric Dental Center in Bulington, we specialize in pediatric dentistry and early dental care. Schedule an appointment for your youngster today.
Contact Pediatric Dental Center:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
5495 N Bend Rd Ste 102